Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Its an open secret that I'm not possessing any driving liecence and neither drive any car prior to May 2008. But what the most precious experience I have yesterday is, I successfully drove a Nissan Frontier Sports Utility Truck (SUT) all the way from Alor Star to KL.

Yes it is way bigger than my compact car, and makes me a little bit too nervous on the first few minutes of the driving.

But what can be more exciting than driving a machine with the engine capacity as twice as my small car, bigger, longer, higher and steadier (does that ever exist in English vocab? Like I care!).

But the excitement detered by beams of few car on the opposite lane on my left hand side, telling there was a road block somewhere up ahead looking for over-speeding highway users somewhere in Penang.

Yes, 100km ahead, there is a road block and I wasn't caught for any speeding offence. After that, I speed 120 kmh all the way south.

It sounds silly but I must share that driving a four wheel drive truck is something different from steering a car! Climbing up Jelapang hills in a steady 110kmh with the fifth gear is something new for me.

But the best thing for me is, there is no exausted kind of feeling after the 470 km drive in 6 hours. It was my personal record of the longest distance I ever steer. Maybe the accelaration friction does not effect much on the driver or maybe the suspension system is just superb.

A day before that, I was on my task to send some printed materials to Kedah State Health Department in Alor Star. But we decided to overnight at Sik, the hometown of one of my colleague that joining us.

It is bad to have no camera with me to take the photo of kampong dishes like Chicken Mushroom Curry that extra-teresterially delicious! LOL. Like something that is not an earth origin one!

It was a late rambutan seasons over there and ripe rambutans are coloring its tree red and most of the kampong folk are on their disgusting mode facing this fruit that they said, worth 40 cent per kilogram on this kind of time. But hey, in KL it still RM3.50 per kg!!

I have a metre tall gunny sack filled with rambutans for free and spend half an hour stop by at my parent house in Ipoh to disembark this fruit that hazardous for those who are in cough ailment. Among these, I took along langsat, duku air, setar (kundang) and also petai!

One anthropologistic lesson I ever learn in, most people in rural Kedah speaks a language that more similar to Kelantanese rather than the Kedahan! This is something new to me! For example; there is no "ayaq" for "air". They pronounce it as "ai". More to list down in next posting.

Back to the topic, from a silent nervous move on the first 50km to a laughable gossip chat between three of us at the last 50km , Nissan Frontier that I steer is a fast-to-get-hands-on-with kind of vehicle.

I would like to try the 3 tonnes lorry after this. Hehe! For a sake of my driving potfolio. Ya. When sometimes not long ago, people looking down at me in a skeptical way when I honestly tell them that " I'm not a driver with any single experience and for sure without valid driving liecence", why I shouldn't proud with this fast development?

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online